June 23, 2006

Mother, Child and Womb?

I first saw this story in the Waterloo Courier a couple days ago. I cut it out in hopes of writing something about it, but now I can't find it (big suprise). However, after a simple Google search, I was able to find it again.

Apparently the PCUSA, in an attempt to use "sex-inclusive language," has opened up discussions concerning the renaming of the Trinity. If accepted, the members of the Trinity will no longer be the, "Father, Son and Holy Spirit," but will instead be called, "Mother, Child and Womb." Other possible names are, "Lover, Beloved, Love" and "King of Glory, Prince of Peace, Spirit of Love."

Give me a break. This may be one of the most pathetic attempts at political correctness that I have ever seen. According to that Courier article, the "change" was being spearheaded by feminists. Figures.

Normally, I don't like to engage in name calling, but I think Rush Limbaugh is right - these people deserve the title of "feminazis." It's not that I think that all these other names don't apply - they do. Some of them are actual analogies found in the Bible. My only problem with this is that this name change stems from a desire to be politically correct and "sex-inclusive." Give me a break.

Let's stick with the names Jesus used.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
(Mat 28:19-20 ESV)
You can see the complete article here. Be sure to check out the comments below the article - some of them are quite funny!

2 comments:

Matt Gerrelts said...

Wow, it is pathetic and wrong when people change the words of scripture to include "less offensive" "politically correct" "modern" terminology. Mother, Child, and Womb? Give me a break...I don't see anything male in there at all anyway...before you know it, they'll be killing off the male members of the church and become the church of the Amazons!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»